Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Website Analysis 1

http://www.gerrenlamson.com/index.htm
This is a portfolio site that I can see myself having. It has a very settle background color and texture. The portfolio links has a over state with a slight greyed out tint that shows up. The portfolio links are set up on a solid grind. I also like how the descriptions of the categories are located in the left column. The large font is easy to read and dose not make you strain to read it.

Areas that could be improved on is instead of just having the title of the project for the portfolio link, I think imagery would be a better way to go. Also there is to much text and needs to be more room for the portfolio showing instead of telling a life story.

http://ryanscherf.net
I love the header on this portfolio sight and the way that the social media links are in the header as well. This websites body copy is way better then the pervious site I wrote about. The body copy is kept to a minimal state and has callouts and hot links. There are a few things Im not a fan of with this site though. One is the portfolio section as you scroll down. Everything is different sizes and shapes and I prefer consistency. Second, some of the different sections are hard to see what belongs to what because some of them blend together. Lastly the contact portion of this is unbalanced and is just “floating in space”.

http://www.vanschneider.com

Oh the Germans! Always ahead of the game when it comes to design. Well this site is by far the best in my lineup. I really love how there is a great big stagnate photo for the background and all the elements move in front of it. I absolutely love the upcoming events section of this site (though there is no use for it on my site). Even though I said I like consistency within the portfolio section, this guy has done a way better job the the previous when it comes to different shapes and sizes to show the portfolio. Any improvements needed on this site? I THINK NOT! This guy is easy making $250,000 a year so he knows what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment