Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Site Analysis 3


Kathryn McClintock site is a parallax site which I have found is the top trending type of site as of now. Though her site has a extremely feminine felling with light feminine stylized type as well as colorful floral imagery, I believe it speaks to her as a person. This designer does add an image of herself, which I am neutral feeling about. I do enjoy how she has call outs to words with a red underline to give it more attention. I absolutely hate the treatment that was given to the social media icons. I do understand it is mimicking the headline stylization, but I do not believe its the best choice to completely redesign a social media icon.


Patrick Glynn is a front end web designer. He has a good treatment of sublet textures that work well together. The projects are set up in a simplistic grid like manner, a little boring, but gets the job done. All the projects to have a heading slightly explaining what the project is for. There is interactivity but is minimal. The social icons are only found at the footer of the page, I do not believe that is the best choice. There is a search bar at the bottom of the page (non-traditional) and I don't understand why it’s even needed. 



Denise Chandler has the best site out of these 3 sites examined. There is a ton of interactivity and motion within this site. There is once again an image of the artist on their site but like I said before, my feelings are neutral about this. The twitter link is actually found in the middle of the portfolio page and actually has a call out with it. This actually does give the social icon a ton of attention. Instead of images for the portfolio section there are illustrations that represent what the project is about. I have seen this technique before, and am not the biggest fan of this approach. There is a email form to fill out and no other way of contacting the artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment